Shaffer Chimere Smith, who is known by his pseudonym as Ne-Yo, is an American R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, and actor. He gained his fame for his songwriting abilities when he wrote a hit ‘let me love you’ for singer Mario in 2004. This successful release in US prompted an informal meeting between De Jam’s label head and Shaffer as they signed a recording contract.
- Ne Yo Net Worth: $16 MillionNet Worth: $16 million
- Birth date: 18th Oct. 1982
- Birthplace: Camden, Arkansas
- Profession: Actor, Record, song-writer, Rapper, Dancer, Composer, Musician
- Nationality: United States of America
- Marital Status: Engaged
Ne Yo’s father is an African-American and Chinese Descent, and his mother is African-American. Both of his parents were musicians, so they inspired him into singing at an early stage. While studying at Las Vegas Academy, he adopted a alias name ‘GoGo’ and joined an R&B group called Envy. This group appeared on an amateur night on ‘Showtime at the Apollo’ and MTV’s ‘The Cut’. Though this group disintegrated in 2000, he continued to write songs that he sold to other artists before starting off his solo career.
The nickname Ne-Yo was contrived by Big Evans, who said that he views music as Neo sees Matrix. He has managed to have many awards including Hal David Starlight award of Songwriters Hall of Fame that honors gifted songwriters. He has also managed to produce three No.1 albums in a span of five years and sell more than 10 million copies.
- His girlfriend Jessica White gave birth to a boy in 2005, but he later discovered that that child was not his.
- In 2010, his girlfriend Monyetta Shaw gave birth to a daughter, and this made him happy as she loved this girl. They also had their second born, a boy in 2011
- But things didn’t turn right for them because, in that same year, he announced that he is engaged to Crystal Williams